Monday, August 1, 2016

EVERYONE was home!

There was a International Champions Cup soccer game in Charlotte this weekend, so I had a house full of twenty year olds for two days. My son was home, he had a friend with him and my daughter is home from college for the summer.

Honestly, I had forgotten how my own kids compete for my attention. By the end of the day on Saturday, I was getting a little snippy with them. I guess this is something that I am either going to have to get used to or I am going to have to sit them down and talk this out. My daughter is home all the time, but she loves being the center of attention. My son is only home two or three times per year, so of course, he is going to get almost all of my attention during those visits. Sibling rivalry was definitely rearing it's ugly head this weekend. I hope this is something that they will grow out of and SOON!

Anyway, it was nice to have them both here under the same roof. It was almost like old times again. We had loud breakfasts, birthday cake, rip roaring games of Wii, and kayaking. I sure do like being a mom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment