Thursday, June 25, 2015

Behind on Summer Projects

Right after graduation, my daughter and I headed to Disney World. When she was in the 9th grade dummy here promised her that if she graduated as valedictorian I would take her wherever she wanted to go. She had never been to Disney. So, off we went!

We came home sick with nasty colds. My husband started with the cold before we left. I started getting sick on Thursday evening (our last night there); Rachael started getting sick on Friday morning. When we came home, my husband was getting a little better, but had a little relapse after being around us. We were all sick for at least NINE DAYS!! I usually don't run a fever....I had a fever of 102 with this one....I was one sick puppy. All I managed to accomplish during those days was to clean off the DVR and watch several ON DEMAND movies.

Needless to say, I am really behind on my summer projects. In fact, I haven't even deep cleaned the house yet. I am thinking that I probably just won't get to it this summer. Who cares? I am supposed to have all that extra time after the youngest goes to college, right? Well, I am banking on that extra time!

Today, I did order my new front door today which was the biggest summer project for this year. We figure we will save enough on our electric bill to just about pay for a new door. Our old one is so warped you can actually feel the hot or cold air coming inside. There is about a 1/2" gap at the top of it. So, this is definitely a need. I am really looking forward to getting it. The store says it will take about 2 weeks. We will see.

My only other planned summer project is to paint the laundry room. I have a few paint chips that I picked up today. It's time to hang them up and decide on a color. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment