Thursday, December 29, 2016

Becoming a Long Distance Care Giver

My mom had a health scare right before Christmas that caused me to have to alter my plans for break. It turned out not to be a major incident, but it did come to light that she hadn't taken her medication for about 3 months. So, from two states away, I was finding her a doctor (her doctor retired), making appointments, and getting emergency supplies of medications. I went home to make sure that she made that doctors appointment.

After a couple of SNAFU's she should be good to go on all of her medications.

However, I am totally stressed out. Nothing seems to work to reduce the stress. I am having anxiety attacks just about every day now.

Is it going to be this way forever? Will I get used to this long distance care? Will I feel better after I have the distraction of work? 

No comments:

Post a Comment