Sunday, August 17, 2014

Purging!

Finally, I got through everything in that back room...I went through it piece by piece. Every last inch of that nasty room! (Here's a reminder.)

I sold some items online, donated a few and then had a yard sale to take care of the rest. I priced things to get rid of them. I didn't make a lot of money, but that wasn't the point. The point was to get it out of the house!

I have to admit that the yard sale was fun. It has done nothing but rain here for days and days. Saturday was the first really nice day we have had in awhile. All the neighbors were out which allowed us all time to chat and get to know each other a bit. Other families had planned yard sales over the past couple of weeks that had to be rescheduled because of weather, so it turned out that we had several families holding sales. That helped to draw people into the neighborhood. 



Anyway, back to my point. I have the room totally cleaned out now. I even had the ceiling repaired and repainted. I painted our old dining room table and have created a little dressing table for myself. All that is left to do is paint the room (which I plan to do Labor Day weekend) and bring in the new day bed.

Here is a picture of the table just after I got it upstairs. You really can't see, but it is a two toned cream color. I like how it turned out. The top is a winter white. The legs are ivory. Just enough of a difference in color to make it interesting.
Purging and creating a nice little space for myself is something that I really needed to do. I am very glad that I did all that work over the summer. I promise to post pics as it gets finished up.


No comments:

Post a Comment